Friday 11 July 2014

Pretty Pastels To Perk Up Your Nails

Clockwise from top right: Revlon Lilac Pastelle  //  Essie Mint Candy Apple  //  Essie Lilacism  //  Essie Van d’go  //  Topshop Nails Forget Me Not

If you happened to read this post all about my favourite bright and neon nail shades that I love to wear during summer time then you will be aware of the fact that this is the time of year that I like to add some colour into my life and that I find an easy starting point to achieve this is with my mani’. However, if super bright nail colours aren’t your thing then you’ve come to the right place because in this post I will be talking you through the pastel shades that take pride of place in my collection.

Revlon Lilac Pastelle. As you have most likely noticed, I’ve chosen two lilac polishes to show you; this is simply due to the fact that it does indeed happen to be one of my favourite colours to wear on my nails during spring and summer time. Lilac Pastelle is the lighter of my two shades and is very white based, which means it’s a great one for making a tan stand out. It adds a natural, clean and manicured look to your nails.
Essie Mint Candy Apple. I am in no doubt that if you haven’t already tried this polish then you definitely will have heard of it, it’s been raved about within the blogosphere for a good two years plus now, so I’ll keep this brief. It’s a beautiful pastel green which leans more towards turquoise than it does yellow. This is why I love it so much, sometimes pastel greens that have a yellow undertone can stain your nails but not this one, which means there is no need to wear a base coat underneath. If you’re a lazy bones like me then this is always good news!
Essie Lilacism. The more heathery shade of my two chosen lilacs. This is a more muted shade than Lilac Pastelle and although it looks brighter in the bottle, once applied to the nails you can see that it has a grey undertone which I find makes it look classy and elegant.
Essie Van d’go. My all time favourite muted peach, this is the toned down version of Essie’s Tart Deco which I mentioned in my  summer brights post. This is a definite pinky peach and almost looks as if it could indeed be pink in some lights, another great one for accentuating a tan!
Topshop Nails Forget Me Not. My collection of pastels just wouldn’t be complete without this beautiful pale blue which again, is white based. I do like my white under toned polishes, I find that they just make my nails look freshly manicured even when I’ve had my polish on for days (provided it isn’t chipped) which this doesn’t do easily. I can wear this for nearly a week without it chipping on me, bonus!
So those are my favourite pastel mani’ pedi’ shades for summer time, I hope you enjoyed this post. What are your favourite shades to wear at this time of year? I’m always on the hunt to expand my collection, I think it may be a bit of a problem really...

X  


No comments:

Post a Comment