Tuesday 28 January 2014

Sampling The Goods


Recently I’ve been on the hunt for some new skin care and instead of jumping in full force and blowing my pennies on products that I don’t know will work for me, I decided to visit a few beauty counters to pick up some samples. I’m always dubious when speaking to sales assistants as I always think they are going to give you any old spiel just to sell you their products, of course they are biased and I’m so easily seduced into buying beauty products that in my case their job is quite often done for them. That’s why this time I really wanted to try out various brands in my hunt for perfect skin, well all I can say is I’m glad I did because as it turns out I didn’t rate any of the products that I tried, bar one (more on that later).
When explaining my skin type I specified that I have combination skin (normal with an oily T zone) and that a lot of products that are formulated for this skin type can be drying on my face. Every counter that I visited claimed that their products would not do this...and guess what happened! This is why I believe trying before you buy is essential when it comes to skin care, everybody’s skin is different and you just can’t be sure of how your skin will react to the product, what works wonders for your best friend may bring you out in a horrendous spot fest (nice) or dry your skin to within an inch of its life!
The one product that I did like was the Clarins Lotus Face Treatment Oil for oily to combination skin. I patted this on at night after using the Clarins Extra-Comfort Anti-Pollution Cleansing Cream which I thought was okay but no different to a lot of other cleansers that I’ve tried. After using the oil I would wake up with baby soft smooth skin in the morning, I love this stuff and I definitely need to purchase the 30ml bottle. I never would have thought to try an oil on my face due to the fact that I struggle with spots, however the product claims to have rebalancing qualities and this certainly seemed to be the case for me.
So those are my reasons for sampling the goods, you may find that you dislike a product that at first glance looks perfectly suited to your skin, or you may discover something that you never would have thought of trying. I’m still on the hunt for the perfect skin care regime, so do let me know if you have any suggestions for me to try out next!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment