Friday 22 November 2013

Feel Good Friday #9

(I reblogged this picture a little while ago on Tumblr, the perfect example of lovely festive knitwear)
 
This week the sun has decided to hide behind the clouds here in Dubai and between you and me, I’ve kind of loved it a little bit! I'm usually a total sun worshiper, however yesterday morning I woke up to the sound of rain and strangely enough, I was filled with excitement. It made me realise that no matter what kind of weather you're used to, you can always find ways to enjoy it.
Now I love this time of year at home, Christmas is just around the corner, that festive feeling is starting to creep in, however I’m like a lot of people in the sense that the weather really affects my mood and when I get cold I get grumpy. So for anybody who happens to be getting a little tired of the dreary weather, here are some of my favourite things to do at this time of year.
 
Wrap up warm in my favourite winter clothes while doing activities that induce some festive spirit – I love wearing lots of knitted jumpers in Autumn and Winter, last year I was on the hunt for the perfect woollen Christmas jumper which I never found. This year I’m away for the whole of November and December and before I left the UK I noticed that the shops are full of them – typical. If I was at home right now I’d be taking full advantage of the lovely knitwear while going for long chilly walks, doing some early Christmas shopping and drinking lovely hot Seasonal drinks. Last year’s favourite was Starbucks’ toffee nut latte – mmm!
Stocking up on bath bombs and melts and having lots of pamper evenings – because what better way to spend a winter night when it's cold outside and you don’t feel like going anywhere than to jump in a hot bubbly bath and chill out! I like to use a deep cleansing  face mask while I’m in the bath, then after I get out I’ll use a lovely rich body butter, get in my cosy winter pj’s and do my nails.
Carrying on the cosy theme, snug nights infront of the TV – Such a simple thing and yet there is nothing I love more than to curl up on the sofa on a night time in my onesie with my cats, festive scented candles lit, watching my favourite programmes or movies and eating my favourite treats (milky buttons and double decker bars) – ahh bliss!
 
Wearing darker shades of lipstick and nail polish – I don’t know about you guys but I really love taking advantage of the fact that you can get away with wearing heavier makeup during the day at this time of year. I love wearing deep berry shades on my lips and nails while I tend to go for gold and smoky colours on my eyes.
 
I miss doing these things so much now that I’m away from home. What are your favourite ways of making the most of the colder weather? I love being nosy!
 
X


No comments:

Post a Comment