Friday 29 November 2013

Feel Good Friday #10

                                                                                     tumblr.com
Okay this isn’t a rant, but I shall paint you a little picture (bare with me, you will see my point I promise). This week I worked at a PR event for the launch of Louis Vuitton’s 2014 Cruise Collection and I must say the experience taught me one thing which is this - working within the fashion industry is something I can safely say I would never wish to do. Not because I don’t appreciate clothes because god only knows I do - but simply because a large number of the high end fashion boffs who attended the event were so unbelievably rude. You know the film ‘The Devil Wears Prada?’ – well that’s exactly what it was like. At one point a woman asked me in an agitated tone how she could get to the VIP lounge, I politely replied “it’s up the elevator on the third floor madam” at which point she gave me a look as if to say ‘are you stupid?!’ and barked “NO! It’s FULL! HOW do I get up?!” To which I simply replied “you wait for it to come back down…” She stared at me in genuine shock before threatening to report me for being rude – well at this point I was fighting back laughter with all my might. I managed to hold it together though, phew!
So here’s my point, what if I happened to be having a particularly bad day or week? What if I was a person that takes rudeness to heart? It takes no effort at all to be kind, you never know what type of day somebody may be having or what their circumstances are so I always try to be as nice as I can, I even smile at random people and I find that in turn it makes me happy. As cheesetastic as it sounds happiness is infectious so spread it, you never know – you might just brighten up somebody’s day!
 
X


No comments:

Post a Comment