Thursday 12 September 2013

Review: bare Minerals Customisable Get Started Kit



Lately I have been suffering from breakouts really badly and so I’ve been looking for a foundation that doesn’t clog my pores, and all I can say is – wow, I have certainly found it!
All of bare Minerals cosmetics are made 100% from minerals and therefore contain absolutely no chemicals whatsoever, for this reason they claim that not only will their products not clog up your pores, but that they will actually improve your skin.
Now I never thought I’d find a foundation that is both extremely natural looking, yet high coverage at the same time, the two don’t usually go hand in hand, but this one does exactly that. When wearing these products on my face I feel as if I have no makeup on whatsoever, they are so light! Yet they still manage to cover any blemishes or red patches I may have. Not only that but the products actually start to look better throughout the day on my skin. Whereas any other foundation I’ve ever tried has tended to go oily as the day wears on, this one doesn’t, it just looks like I have a natural glow to my skin. I am seriously impressed.
The kit retails at £50 and comprises of a 15ml version of the prime time foundation primer, this is smaller than the original size which is 30ml. A foundation of your choice (this is the customisable aspect of the kit) I went for the original SPF 15 foundation in medium beige. Warmth, which is a lovely all over bronzer for all skin tones, although it is very pigmented so you only need to use a little bit. Mineral Veil, this is a translucent powder used to set the foundation and bronzer. A Full Flawless Face Brush, this is used to apply the foundation and Mineral Viel. A Flawless Application Face brush, which is used to apply the bronzer. A Maximum coverage Concealer Brush, instead of using a separate concealer you simply use your foundation which doubles up as both in the places you need it and apply with this brush. I think this is a great idea as you don’t need to worry about having to match your concealer up to your foundation colour – result, and it actually works. Finally the kit also contains a ‘Get Started’ booklet and DVD which explain and show you how to use the products as well as how to perfect the ‘swirl, tap, buff’ technique that is used to apply them.
All in all, I can’t rave about this kit enough! Whether you have clear skin and only need light coverage or you suffer from breakouts and need something that won’t irritate your face but will cover blemishes, these products are definitely worth a try.

X

No comments:

Post a Comment